lunes, 4 de marzo de 2013


What fruits, Lord?

You ask me confidence and, for whatever reason,
I prefer to look back
to savor and dream about what I expected in You.
Want the fruit of my record, and the lowest,
let me tangled threads by laziness,
the warmth or doubts, fragility or clumsiness.
You dream of a better future for me,
and find me dreaming of other things,
with other entities that are not yours,
with a land very different from what you offer me.
Looking at the fig tree, but the fig tree of my life,
not always bear fruit in the holy, noble and good.
You look at the branches of my days
and, rather than see how blunt buds,
I just live under minimum
to give what suits me and does not bother me,
to fruition, little or nothing, if not profit.

What fruits give you, Lord?
Look at my misery,
letting you drag and wealth,
hopefully me pick what suits your kingdom.
Warmly my goodwill,
and throw me away in the arms of vanity,
discover that only You and You always,
are the cause of the good that flows in me.
Forgive my weak harvest
and continues to sow Lord, that maybe tomorrow,
can awaken, discovering in me,
what, today, is conspicuous by its absence:
fruits of truth and love,
generosity and joy,
of faith and hope,
trust and future
of life and truth.
And do not get tired, Lord, to visit your vineyard,
maybe today, maybe not,
but tomorrow, with your help and my effort,
sprout in all its splendor
the fig tree of my life.
Amen.

P. Javier Leoz


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario